Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The main problem with the economy

Alright. I am not an economy expert. I will be the first to admit that. And I know the economy is struggling... I watch the news... sometimes... But today I had a tragic experience.

It was a bad day. Ornery people at work, and I'll be sure to tell you about them later. I left work and went right to the store. Prince Caspian came out today. I have my priorities in order, so I knew where I had to go. Because of the aforementioned bad day, as I went to the checkout stand, I decided to splurge and get myself one of my favorite candy bars. As I reached for the chocolate-y goodness I was SHOCKED! Last time I bought one of these it was only $.44! Today: $.66! How can gas prices have gone down $2 a gallon (and I am SO glad they have) and my favorite candy bar has gone up $.22? Thats a.... large percentage that I will leave to some super cool math major ... increase!

This is either a great problem for my pocket book, or a blessing for my waistline. I'm not sure which.

I ask you, people of the Land of Buckets:

WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???

No comments: