Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Timing

Yo mateys!  What up?

So, I got a new doctor.  I'm pretty excited about it.  After my first appointment they knew more about me than my previous doc had in 4 appointments.  I scheduled a return appointment, they gave me some paperwork, and I was on my way.

Last night I was looking over the paper they gave me.  I noticed at the very end of the last page they had my weight and height listed... And THEN they had done the math to tell my by BMI.  Let's just say it was not a pretty number. 

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THINKS IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO TELL A WOMAN WHO IS 34 WEEKS PREGNANT THEIR BMI?????

I have gained 20 lbs this pregnancy.  My entire pregnancy with #1 I only gained 13 lbs and I had to work hard to get those 13 lbs.  Now, I'm not upset that I have gained 20 lbs.  I have worked hard to be healthy and make good choices, and we just had the fatty holiday season.

I know the BMI listed isn't really accurate but man, it is a bit of a kick in the pants.

So, to anyone who has connections reading this... If your office puts BMI's on patients forms that you send home with them, you should maybe find a way to get rid of it during pregnancy. 

That is all.

1 comment:

Leann Nelson said...

Love hearing reminders that the Lord is very mindful of each one of us and that His plan is the best plan!! Love you guys!