Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's Not a Myth!

Did you know that when Wal-Mart says they are open all night, it's true?  I had always wondered about that fact.  But this is what I learned:

1.  Walmart is surprisingly busy at 3 AM.

2.  They are in fact open.

3.  The lady who preps in the Subway inside of my Wal-Mart must be the SLOWEST prep-er ever.  Seriously. When I worked at Subway, and we opened at 10 AM the person opening showed up at 8.  However, the Wal-mart Subway opens at 7.  And she had bread coming out of the oven at 3:30.  I don't get it.

4.  I'm pretty sure the 3 AM cashier has seen everything.  Cause she didn't bat an eye when we showed up with a gallon of milk, some cold cereal, and a sweater so Baby won't freeze when we bring her home from the hospital.

5.  There are going to be a lot of people just "hanging" outside.  Personally I'd rather be in my bed, but I guess if you're that comfy when it's heck-a cold outside sitting outside of Walmart, then that's cool.

6.  There is no average age of 3 AM shopper.  Really, We saw early 20's, late 30's, early 50's, and older.

7.  I found that every person I saw I judged.  I just couldn't understand why they were there.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Oh, were you wondering why I was there?  Cause I woke up at 1 with regular contractions just painful enough to not let me sleep.  So I folded laundry.  But then Hod woke up, cause he can't sleep without me in the bed, and he was hungry.  He was going to eat some cold cereal, but then he would have used up all of the milk, and he was now wide awake, so we went to buy milk.

My contractions kept going till around 6, and then I was finally able to sleep.

OH, but here is a random.  I have no brain right now.  And yet, I woke up with lines from a poem that I memorized in 1998.  And it's not really a happy poem, it's about a little boy drowning in the sea.  I can apparently still recite 60% of it.  But don't ask me my own phone number.  That's not going to happen without real work.

2 comments:

Happy Mom said...

Oh, sis of mine! I sure hope it happens sooon!!

Aubrey's Outlet said...

Oh how I love you!!