Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Baby Update!

Alright, Peeps.  Here's the story. (And because it's about baby, that means it's about my body, so you have been warned of any potential TMI)

Last night as I went to get ready for bed, there was something... different happening down under.  We called the OBGYN on call, and told him what was happening.  His guess was that my water had broke, so he told us to go to labor and delivery.  We went, got all hooked up to the monitors, they checked everything under the sun, and at 3:30 AM, with my contractions 3 minutes apart, they sent me home.  Hod and I were SO tired!

This morning I had an appointment with my Dr.  He told me that the different occurrence down under was probably me losing my mucus plug.  And with what he described, I agree.  However, apparently this is uncommon for first time moms to experience like I did.

After being checked for the 3rd time in 11 hours (And no one ever told me how much it hurts!) we discovered that in 6 hours I went from being a 1 to a 1+, and from being not really at all effaced to being 70% effaced, and from baby being where ever to being at a Zero.  Looks like my contractions are actually doing something.

Dr's prediction is that I will deliver in the next 24 hours, or in 2 weeks, or anytime in between.

And as for me: as soon as we are done with Hod's Dr appointment I'm taking a nap!

Toodles!

8 comments:

Laura said...

wow, I am glad to hear things are happening sometime! Wishing you well, and I can't wait to hear that she has arrived!

Miss Nelson said...

So exciting!! I can't wait to meet this little one!

Alicia Yvonne said...

Oh this stuff is soo much fun lol I know everything will turn out for the best!

Kaylee said...

YAY BABY! :) :) :)

Sadie Freeman said...

That's so exciting. I'm glad to hear that you could hold your darling baby in your arms any day now. Get some rest, the exhaustion is soon to hit you. Hope to see you guys soon!

Laree said...

Um, I guess I'm the first nay-sayer here. But accoording to your ticker at top, you still have THREE FREAKIN' WEEKS TO FULL TERM!!!

So this would be me, giving your peanut a pep talk.
"keep cookin' little one. Life is easier inside. You can come out in 3 weeks. Really, there isn't that much of a rush."

The end. (and I expect a phone call when you're at the hospital!)

Jamie Younker said...

Keep us posted! I am sooooo excited for you to be a mommy! You're gonna LOVE it!

Mandy said...

I'm so excited to see your new little one! And I agree with you about how much it hurts to be checked. It was the most glorious feeling in the world to get an epidural, have them check me and not be able to feel a thing!