I can't even tell you how glad I am that Hod got a new job. Because I NEED him!
Pregnancy brain is such a real thing in my life. Because Hod has been working at least 60 hours a week, I have been taking care of everything in our apartment. And that's fine, because I've only been working around 10 hours a week.
However, it seems I have given all of my current brain cells to baby girl. Let me give you some examples.
I did a load of whites, and they came out smelling gross. I had been a little slow getting them from the washer to the dryer, so I blamed it on that. But it really wasn't that long! However, we have one of those high efficiency washers, so maybe I just needed to clean it? I don't know. Because we have a top loader, it's not supposed to get gross very fast, like I was told I should clean it 3-4 times a year. And we only have had our washer for a month.
We couldn't figure out what it was. Then, while Hod was changing cloths, he realized that his shirt smelled like a mix of Jolly Ranchers (remember this?) and of him. But I was no where to be found. Do you see where this is going? I forgot to put laundry soap in the washer! I have been doing my own laundry for SEVENTEEN years, and I have never forgot soap! Who does that? Pregnant ladies.
I've been demoted, so now it's Hod's job to wash and dry the laundry and I just put it away.
Along with this... I tried to burn down the apartment. Ok... not on purpose, but still. Here's that story.
I have this super fancy hair straightener, that I got from a friend in TX. But the power button is crazy sensitive. I've had this straightener for 3 years, and I just learned early on to always put the power button towards the counter. Then I couldn't accidentally turn it on. For 3 years I've been doing this. And yet, on Sunday, I forgot. Monday, when I went to go get in the shower I tossed my clean cloths on the counter. After my shower, I reached for my cloths, and they were all hot! My pants (and I only have 2 pairs of maternity pants) were burned. It's not horrible, the average person probably wouldn't notice, but still, I burned my pants! If I had taken a longer shower, I would have started a fire and burned down my apartment!
Because there was no real harm in this, I can laugh a bit about it, but it is still a bummer!