Monday, May 4, 2009

Three Weeks, Three Awkward Scuttle Moments

It's official. I need people to stop trying to set me up. Yes, I'm single. Yes, I'm happy. Yes, I'm about to turn 25. That does not mean that I am doomed for spinsterhood, and I only have 2 weeks to redeem myself. I need a break. What has happened to make me say this? Oh, let me tell you.

In the last 20 days, I have been on two blind dates. The first date was with an old room mate's brother. We went dancing. He doesn't dance. So we made small talk for 2 hours while the other couple we doubled with danced.

Date #2 was with Bob. Now, that technically wasn't a blind date, but for all practical purposes it was. I knew nothing about the guy, except for what he looked like, that he took percussion in the 7th grade, and his name. (For more details about that date, look here.)

At the end of that post, I mentioned that a friend had given a guy my number. That was a week and a half ago. I hadn't heard anything, but I just figured that he didn't want to call a total stranger. I'm cool with that. Well, he called! No. Don't get excited. He called to inform me that he just got a girlfriend so he didn't want to take me on a date. Yep. That's right. I just had a total stranger call me to tell me he didn't want to date me. AWKWARD!!!

That's it. I quit. I just can't handle the lameness.

(Oh, and a side note... for those of you who don't remember a Scuttle is the name for a bucket to carry coal. It's the masculine version of Paily.)

4 comments:

Happy Mom said...

Hey girl! You did the "here" thing!!! I'm impressed!! Sorry that the dating scene is not currently fun. It will pick up!

Laree said...

Yuck! Why on earth would he bother calling you to tell you that?!?!?!

Sorry, friend!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hey, I just dropped by to say MAHALO for following me. That made my day.

And wow! What a gentleman to call you and let you know he doesn't want to date you. How thoughtful. Too bad he's already taken.

hee hee

And I NEED buckets too! High five. We have so much in common.

Colorado Red Head said...

You are the coolest. Just thought you should know.