Saturday, April 25, 2009

Uh....

That would be the word that I heard the most this evening. I know, I say it too, but wow. That was a lot of "Uh"-s. Where was I that I heard this so many times?

On a date with Bob.

Yep. It's true. We went on a date. And I have to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to it. But I tried to be positive. Then he picked me up 30 minutes late. As I got in his car, he told me he wasn't sure what we were going to do. We ended up going bowling. He told me his life story. Let's just say I was very grateful to have been so blessed in my life. Because of the great example of my family I haven't experienced pretty much any of the things he has. I lived in only one house, I went to church every week, I went on a mission, I lived with good family members. I didn't go to jail, I didn't do drugs, and I didn't get fired from lots of jobs. I've also never stolen from anyone. The good news: Bob has learned the importance of the Atonement in his life. As a result, he is trying to see if he can go on a mission.

He's a nice chap. But we did have one problem. As you know, I talk quickly. And I make little jokes. Not to be proud, but I consider myself some what of a wit. Bob... not so much. He talks SO slow, thinks a lot before he starts talking, and he didn't get a single one of my jokes.

He doesn't know anyone our age who lives here. He hasn't lived in this area for 12 years. So, Bob needs some good religious friends that will help him get his life in order. And I, Paily am very happy to be able to help him in this worthy endeavor.

So for now, dear people of the Land of Buckets, that is the end of our Bob saga.

For our next installment, maybe I will attempt to understand why the cosmos are running after me. I had a blind date last weekend, a basically blind date this weekend, and a friend just informed me that she gave a guy my number and we may have a blind date next weekend too. I am SO over the blind date option. Oh well. It makes for some fun stories.

2 comments:

Happy Mom said...

Rats. He doesn't sound like a winner. But maybe the next blind date will be!!!

In any case, it's fun to read about it all!!!

Love you!

Laura said...

Have hope! You never know... some blind dates work! Thats how I met Bert! I so enjoy your blog! keep it up