Friday, April 22, 2011

Pregnancy Perk #2

(If you're looking for Pregnancy Perk #1, I didn't actually blog about it.  It's just the fact that I'm making a BABY!  Could that be any cooler?)

As most of you know, I am a bit squishy.  (I don't use the term "fat" that's derogatory. And gross.  It just makes me think of a bucket of Crisco, and I'm trying to feel good about myself.)  I've never been insanely "Biggest Loser" worthy squishy.  Just a bit.  But my dear Hod loves me and all of my squishy-ness.

One result of squishy-ness is what I refer to as the "Great Divide".  This is the part of my stomach where my pants sit, causing a section of squishy, a divide point, and another portion of squishy.  Come on, I know you know what I'm talking about.  It's something I've been self conscious about.  Any of you who have never experienced the "Great Divide" may be thinking that I just needed to buy bigger pants, and that may have been true at one point, but really, all of my pants were a little too big before I got pregnant, and the "Great Divide" was still there.  It is a mystery.

Which leads me to Pregnancy Perk #2.  The disappearance of the "Great Divide".  I realize what the counter at the top of my blog says, and yes, it's strange to be showing already.  It is very possible that this is all bloat.  (Although, Hod claims he can tell where baby is, because he found a firm spot.... let us just ignore the fact that the firm spot was my hip bone...)  But whatever the cause I am big enough now that the "Great Divide" is no more!  It makes me pretty happy.  And really, seeing as in many ways this is my second pregnancy (and I've heard you show faster the second time) and I'm actually slowly losing weight (I eat, just apparently not quite enough.  But the puking doesn't help either.) and genetically, I know my family, and we tend to be GINORMOUS by the end of things, I'm not surprised that I already look a bit pregnant.

So, at least for now, Goodbye "Great Divide".  I can't say that I'm going to miss you.  Thanks for the memories, or whatever, but thanks even more for leaving!

2 comments:

Miss Nelson said...

Love it! ...and I can totally relate (to the great divide, not to the pregnant part)!

Laree said...

I LOVE the name - perfect description!

And honestly, one of my favorite parts of being pregnant is not being so fat. Ok, so I'm still fat, but there's a better reason for it!