Good Morning Bucket ... Family!
Ok, you're not all family... unless you go to the we're all part of the human family thing. I've been watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition while I've been looking for a job online. (Did I mention that I lost my job? More on that later.)
I have a friend who tagged me! I don't believe I've ever been tagged before. So, to honor this occasion, I'm actually going to make my list. The assignment: list 15 interesting facts about yourself. We may think different things are interesting. Hope I don't bore you. And, seeing as almost all of my followers are family, you probably know most of the facts. Oh, well. Here we go!
1. I met Hod because I dated his best friend for 7 months. 3 1/2 months after the ex and I broke up, Hod and I were engaged. I know that sounds all sorts of scandalous, but it's not. Really. I didn't even consider looking at Hod that way till after the break up. Hod just moves fast, and somehow he got me to move fast as well. I always said that I wanted to date someone at least 6 months before I got engaged.... Yeah that didn't work out for me. Eh, that's fine. Hod is totally worth it.
2. I secretly dream of being a super good chef. I have no desire to work in a restaurant. I just want to be the best chef on the block. In my dreams, I'm all grown up and have kids, and my kids bring the neighborhood kids over, and they all want to eat my food, and it's so good that kids who never eat their vegetables will start, because my veggies are SO amazing! And my pastries. And my main dishes. The problem is, currently I am usually too lazy to really cook. This is mostly because Hod works nights and I don't see the point in cooking amazing things for myself. And I don't really enjoy the dishes. And we have a super small dishwasher, so we can't really put any big bowls in it.
3. My brain has mad skills. Wow, that sounds egotistical. Let me explain. Growing up, I was always taught that if something was in your head, and you didn't want it there that you could hum your favorite hymn (sing out with vigor and vim) or recite a scripture, and because your head can only think of one thing at a time the unwanted thing will be pushed out. Yeah, not so much for me. I can honestly think of 2 or 3 things at once. This means to push out the unwanted stuff I have to be singing multiple songs at once, a scripture, and lines from that scene I took to competition in high school called "Men are Slime". We didn't do well, but it was a super fun scene!
4. As I'm sure you've noticed I like to go off on tangents. Seriously, it can be hard to stay on one subject. I don't know if that's because of my funky brain, or if I do actually have ADD like people have said I do, or if maybe my brain works faster than my mouth... or would that be my mouth works faster than my brain.... it's a rough life. ;)
5. My family is super crazy. Oh, as individuals we are super cool. But as a whole, things are special. Let me explain how this works. All of my grandparents are gone, but when I talk about them, I have 5 grandmas and only 2 grandpas. I have around 42 aunts and uncles. I have over 400 first cousins. 3 of my siblings are old enough to be my parents. I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew that are older than me. This then flows down to my niece who very recently turned one. And honestly, I wouldn't change a thing.
6. My favorite numbers are 3, 7, and another 4 digit number. I would share that here, but that would give you access to all of my bank accounts. Seeing as this is a public forum that would not be a good thing to share.
7. I am actually super happy to have my own little place to run. Even though sometimes I put off folding laundry, I love having an apartment. Hod and I have had fun arranging the furniture, and hanging pictures on the walls, and picking the color scheme for our kitchen. It makes me happy. This place is ours, and that is so fun!
8. While in college I became somewhat addicted to Gilmore Girls. Despite the fact that Hod really wants to live in a city, I want to live in a place like Stars Hollow, where everyone knows everyone, and they all have silly little quirks, and stupid holidays and lame reenactments.
9. I would rather have just enough money to have some wants, and all of my needs, but I want to have to save up to go on a vacation. I have no desire to live in a huge house, have a maid, and be rich.
10. One of my favorite memories as a kid is when we would play "Annie-I-Over" for Family Home Evening. For those of you who don't know this game, it goes like this. You separate into 2 teams, each of you on one side of the house. (this works best with a one story home) Team A throws a ball over the house, and Team B tries to catch it. If they do, Team B runs around to Team A's side and tries to hit them with the ball, thus gaining more members on their team. And that's about it.
11. I am super klutzy. To this day I wonder how I made it through 4 years of high school marching band with large drums strapped to my body, and without any death, broken bones, or broken instruments. I always have bruises in random spots on my body. Hod has commented before that sometimes my legs look like he beats me. He doesn't. I promise. I just run into things on a regular basis. I'm like a young teenage boy still trying to figure out his body so he runs into everything, only I'm 26 and I've had this body for probably 10 years. (As in, my body stopped changing about 10 years ago. I've had forms of this body for all 26 years, no brain transplants, promise.)
12. I am addicted to books and movies. And not just reading/watching them. I want/need to own them. This addiction is being helped while I am a poor newly-wed and I can't afford to feed it. Lets just say, that out of the 95-is movies that Hod and I own I brought about 75 of them into the marriage. I know many people own a lot more movies, but considering the lack of funds in my life since I was 18, that really isn't too bad.
13. I think I'm funny. Sometimes while I am doing hum-drum things like mopping my floor, I am telling jokes to myself in my head. Then I laugh. Then Hod looks at me and thinks I'm crazy cause I'm laughing while mopping the floor. But if you knew the dialog going on in my head, you would be laughing too.
14. I'm really bad at grammar, and yet when I see grammar mistakes it drives me crazy. I really wish people knew the difference between "your" and "you're". Or "to" and "too". I would rather someone scratch their fingernails on a chalk board than have the wrong word on a billboard. Cause the nail scratching will stop, but the billboard will be there forever! Make it stop!
15. I hate gum. I think it's gross. The texture is icky. And when people chew it, they always think that their mouth is closed, but it almost NEVER is! And then you can hear them chewing, and you can hear the slobber, and the squeaky-ness of the gum against their teeth. I believe whoever invented gum should be put in prison. Then they should be put in solitary, with speakers in the room. But the only sound that comes out of the speakers should be the sound of millions of people chewing gum! And they will sit there for years until they go completely mad, thus understanding the travesty they have put on the human race.
So, there you have it. 15 random things about me. Yep, it became random instead of interesting. Oh well.
Have a great day, yo's!