Friday, June 29, 2012

Fat Lip

The last few days at our house, we have had a lot of this:

TOO CLOSE, A LITTLE TOO CLOSE!!

#1 has been getting around.  She doesn't crawl on all fours.  She doesn't really army crawl either.  It's more like... a super army crawl?  Yeah, let's go with that.  She does a push-up onto her hands and toes, then stiffens her entire body, and pulls herself forward with her hands (not her elbows like a normal army crawl) until her entire body smacks onto the ground and she has moved forward a few inches.  It's really super cute.  And she is really fast!  I'll have to see if I can get a video.  There is just one problem with it though.  She doesn't seem to realize when she has arrived at her destination.  She just keeps going.  Today she gave me a fat lip with her head cause I thought we were close enough, but apparently I was wrong.  There was still enough space between us to see light through.  Don't you worry, she took care of that.

It's great to be close... but unless I can find myself a helmet I'm going to need to figure out how to keep a bit of distance.  At least I'm feeling the love!

1 comment:

Laree said...

Cute - it sounds like the exact opposite of 'Lil's frog hop - she only moved her legs, and #1 moves her arms more. I love the ways babies figure out how to move!