Thursday, December 22, 2011

Do-be-do-be-do

It's 6 AM, and I am awake.  For those of you who know me, you will find this odd.  I like to sleep.  Really.  Often, when given the choice between a fun party and a good nap... I'd prefer the nap.  Yeah, there may be something wrong with me.

Hod likes to sleep even more than I do.  He has helped me to enjoy sleeping even more.

But then #1 was born.

She is super cute, and I love her, but she is totally messing with my sleep problems.

Like tonight.  She woke up to eat just before 4 AM, nothing wrong with that.  She's a bottle baby, and I used to feed her while I was sleeping, but I kept waking up in a pool of formula only to find #1 asleep, that she had stopped eating a while ago, and was now feeding the bed.  I only own so many sheets, so something had to change. So, now I wake up to feed her.  I don't let myself fall asleep.  This normally results in me being awake for a while after she falls back asleep.

Also, the whole labor/delivery thing has kind of destroyed parts of my body.  It's been 2 months, and we just figured out what was wrong with me 3 days ago.  After being awake to feed #1, my body with it's post delivery ailments started acting up.  A hot shower, and 70 minutes later, I was finally able to start drifting off to sleep.  (this was just after 5:30 AM)

I have been Hod's alarm clock our entire marriage.  However, there have been times that I haven't been around so he has had to wake himself up.  This involves setting everything with an alarm, and making sure the volume is up high.  This last Monday morning I was staying at my parent's house because I had a Doctor's appointment 52 miles away from where I now live.  Hod had to be to work by 7:30 AM, so he had to set all sorts of crazy alarms.  The alarming devices have been turned off the past 2 nights.  But, tonight, he forgot to turn them off.  And the alarms were still set.

This means, that right after I was drifting off to sleep, a crazy loud alarm went off.  He slept through it (He has mad sleeping skills.  It's like a super power with him.) but it woke me up.  I calmed myself down, only to have another alarm go off 20 min later.

It is now 2 1/2 hours since #1 woke up to eat.  She wakes up about every 3 hours.  (I can actually already hear her starting to stir.)  She had a rough evening, and didn't actually go down for the night til 1 AM.

So, here I am, now it's 6:20, and I have only had 3 hours of sleep.

I have got to figure out some other way to handle life, cause sleep is no longer an option.

But, on the plus side, I have some fun songs in my head!

1 comment:

Miss Nelson said...

I'm sorry, friend!! Praying for some sleep to come your way!