Monday, September 28, 2009

An Amazing Weekend

I just can't do it. I tried to not greet you, but I can't. How do I start a post without saying hello? So... HELLO!

Let's talk birthday parties, shall we??

Oh, but small aside. First let's talk Friday night. Friday night was Homecoming. I love dancing. We doubled with another couple. It was so fun to dress up like a princess! Thanks to L3 and her daughters for doing my hair! Wearing a pretty dress, dancing in the arms of a cute boy... Wow... CHEESY! But oh, so fun.

Saturday was the day of excitement. It started early. I got about 4 hours of sleep. I got up, got ready, and L7 and I went driving. We had to go set up the end of the party. More on that later. After the homecoming parade almost ruined my life... (all of the roads were closed, crazy traffic, and I had 3 stops to make in 30 min!) I met at Scuttle's apartment to start the party. We were joined by 2 other couples.

I totally stole this whole thing from L4. But we had a spy party! Basically it was a scavenger hunt to get pieces of a map to go find a place that had a fake bomb we had to disarm. That was a bit of a problem. I had no idea how to make a fake bomb, but there is no way I would ever google that! First thing you know the Fed's would be beating down my door. Bummer!

L5 and L7 came up with half of the clues. We went all over the valley, and even got to bust out my rusting marching skills for a bit. Scuttle had no clue what was going on. His face when we listened to the first clue (which was a CD with the Mission Impossible music) was so funny! He really didn't know what to think, but I think he was kind of excited. I have an amazing family who helped out so many ways! And even though it was cheesy, Scuttle embraced it and boldy marched up to everyone and uttered the code word to get the next clue. Yes, L4, the code word was still Tutti Fruity. Good times were had by all.

This is where I should put in another picture, of what I woke up so early and dragged L7 to help me with. Here is our laser grid we had to climb through to get to the bomb. Oh, and what was the bomb? A bunch of Hot Dogs. They kind of look like dynamite if you squint and turn your head. (Now it just looks like a bunny... Anyone know where that comes from?) The hot dogs were connected to the Winnie the Pooh clock by pipe cleaner. It was a pretty scary looking bomb. :)

The party was a bit longer than expected... that could be because I got us lost for an hour. But it was a pretty drive up the canyon! I think everyone had fun. Yeah for birthday parties! Thanks again for all of your help! Love ya!

3 comments:

Happy Mom said...

That's sooo fun!!! I'm so glad it all worked out!!! (and the dancing in the arms of a cute boy isn't bad either!!!)

Love ya sis!

Kaylee said...

So fun!! I want to have a spy party! :)

Grandma Nelson said...

Wish I could have been there to help and share in the fun. Well, not really, I really love where I am and know it is where I should be right now. I do miss the fun things at home though