Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friends, Holidays, and Snack Food

Hello Bucket friends! How are you all? I have a ton-o-thoughts running around my head. (Anyone else think that sounds strangely like some sort of carnival ride? Ton-O-Thoughts.... Hmmm...)

This week I was able to go see one of my dear friends. He is entering the MTC on Wed. That is so soon! This friend... who really needs some sort of name... let's call him... Archie. I don't know why we are calling him Archie, but that is what I picked. Anyway, Archie and I met at the MTC. He was my district leader. Does that seem confusing? That he was my district leader in the MTC, but he is going back to the MTC on Wed? Yeah, it is kind of strange. Archie went to the MTC, actually went to NY with me, and then for multiple reasons went home. He's been through a lot in the past 3 years, but he decided to go back. It hasn't been an easy process, but he got another mission call (to the NYRM) and he is about to leave. Can I just share how much I love friends? I had the chance to go and visit him and do lunch. My cute niece (who some call Sweetie) was with me. We had a wonderful 2 hour conversation about missions, doctrine, prayer, repentance, good talks, faith promoting experiences and the like. I am so excited for Archie. He is going to have an amazing time. Heavenly Father really does know what is supposed to happen when. His timing is perfect. And I am glad that he has control over my life.

I've also been able to spend a lot of time with family in the last 2 weeks. Aren't they great? I am always amazed at how wonderful all of my family members are. I feel very blessed.

And on a totally unrelated note: I am overly addicted to some snack foods. Ritz crackers and Utz Cheese Puffs to be exact. I mean, I like other foods too, but those are my current addictions. For an example on how I like to eat them, I turn you to the great wisdom who is Brian Regan.

No comments: