Friday, February 6, 2009

I Have Mad Skills

Really. I know, you're all jealous. Let me tell you what I'm talking about this time.

I just fixed my jacket. This is my MTC jacket, that unfortunately I am way to attached to. It is also basically the only jacket I have right now that is even close to being warm enough. It got dirty, so I washed it. Then much to my dismay, when I went to get it out of the drier the zipper was broken! As hard as this is for me to admit... I was temped to cry. I know, it's just stupid jacket, but I really like it. I saved the pieces, and filching my sister's super glue, went to work. Now i had to be careful, cause if I used too much glue, it would be all over and then the zipper wouldn't zip. BUT if you use too little, it won't hold. It really was a precarious situation.

As I gathered all of the parts around me, I could hear the low drone of stringed instruments humming in anticipation. After hours of careful planning and sketching out my options... Ok, that's not true at all. But I fixed it! And the zipper still goes! And the parts are sticking together!

Of course I got super glue on my fingers. That's just something that goes with the territory. So what if I can't feel my fingers for the next 3 weeks as I wait for this extra skin to wear off. I have an MTC jacket!

No comments: