Friday, March 19, 2010

A Few More Rules

Ok friends!  I have some more subway rules for you all!

Rule #1:  When you step up to the glass, please know what you want.  Now, I realize, there are a TON of choices at our shop.  You may walk in and have no clue what you are in the mood to eat.  I understand that.  That doesn't concern me.  BUT when you step up to the glass, you should know what you want.  ESPECIALLY if you come into our store 20 min before we close.  We have a lot to do.  I really, really don't want to be standing there waiting for you to figure it all out.  Our rule is that if you are standing away from the glass, we can keep cleaning and working on closing.  We all are trying to have a life.  As a result, I would like to leave about 10 min after we close.  Please do what you can to assist in this great work.

Rule #2:  It is great that you want to come and get healthy food late at night.  Sure, bring the whole family.  But please keep your children in control.  When you come with your friends, and you put your two 3-year-olds at their own table, they are very likely to start running all over.  Please, control them.  It is very hard for us to do our job when your children keep coming back into the employee area.  And, because you spent so long choosing what you want, we are running behind, so there are quite likely going to be knives flying around.  You really don't want your kids coming into this.

Rule #3: Don't lie to me!  Here's the deal.  I've been doing this for a year.  I am very aware of how to best put your sandwich together so it is the neatest, and easiest for you to eat.  So, when you tell me you want all of the veggies, I need to put the sauce on first so it's all nice and neat.  This is why I ask you, "What sauces would you like?"  DO NOT tell me that you don't want any sauces.  Really, if you say those words, then I'm not giving you any sauces.  Because, when you tell me that, and then you ask for all of the veggies, and you want extra of 3 of them, your sandwich is busting out all over the place.  NOW you want to add 3 different sauces?  REALLY?  Who do you think you are?  You point blank lied to me!  That is so lame!  And yes, being the nice person I am, I'll give them to you, but then, when we close the sub, all of the sauces are going to fall out with your loads green peppers, thus making the sauces pointless.  But now they are all over my gloves.  Thanks for that.  LIAR!  You are so fired.

~As for an update on my life, just in case any of you were wondering.  Here's the story:  I'm ok, ish.  Some of you are aware that I was looking into possibly getting some counseling, cause I've been pretty depressed.  Well, I talked with my bishop, and he doesn't think that I need that.  We talked a lot about other options, and we came up with a new plan of attack.  I don't feel like I should be sharing that here, but I feel really good about things.  I'm pretty sure things will get a bit worse before they get better, but I'm feeling better.  I'm still working on having the faith I need, but some days are really good.  Sure, there are still hard days, but I'm still having some hope.  Thanks to all of you for caring and keeping me in your prayers.  I love you all! ~

1 comment:

Happy Mom said...

Sure love you, sis!! Keep blogging!! You're subway stories make me happy!