Tuesday, February 9, 2016

What I Call A Party

Hod had his birthday on Sunday.  He is currently really into the British comedy Miranda.  It is a hoot.  Seriously, I love it.  Miranda Hart is a fun lady.

Anyway, he wanted to have a Miranda party.  I spent a lot of time looking around for ideas on the internet, and apparently there aren't nearly enough people who are as obsessed as Hod.  Seriously, I could only find one party and no offence to them, but they were lame.

Luckily Hod had a few ideas, and his ideas got my mind going.  I found some fun screen shots, put them around the house, and we had a party!

We started with dinner of spaghetti and meatballs.  There is a short 10 second clip in the show of Miranda having an eating contest with her best friend.  They are racing to eat spaghetti and meatball with chop sticks.  YUM!  Hod has skills, I have no skills, but one of our friends gave him a run for his money, and it was fun to watch them.  After we had a winner I switched to a fork.  I have a severe lack of chop sticks skills.

Next we took a little break and watched a few episodes of the show.  Following, we got our craft skills on and made some fruit friends and vegta-palls.  At one point Miranda is feeling alone and friendless, so she makes friends out of various fruits and vegetables.  So of course we did it too!

Our final event of the night was a "biscuit blizzard!"  This activity consists of putting small pieces of cookies on the table, and using a blow dryer to try and get them in your mouth.  It is harder than it looks!  The girls thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Our night was small and simple, but we loved it.

Here are some of the screen shots I put around the house.

Exercise is the worst.:

what i call a meme | Tumblr:

The Best of Miranda: Favourite Episodes Plus Added Treats - Such Fun!: Amazon.co.uk: Miranda Hart: Books. (Follow the link - there are SIX preview images):

BBC's "Miranda"- this woman is one of my absolute favourites!:

I put this next one on the book case.
nuff said:

Along with birthday cake, we also had donuts.
Miranda <3:

Miranda:
By our biscuit blizzard station. (Only we are Muggles, so it didn't move.)
biscuit blizzard!

By the birthday cake.
tumblr_inline_n1o1jdjn301rzwv9o.gif (500×258)

It really was a fun night.  Happy Birthday Hod!

1 comment:

Leann Nelson said...

This is so fantastic!!! Way to be so creative! Maybe I need to re watch the episodes because it was pretty hilarious! Love you guys!