Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Monster

#1 has always been a champ.  Don't get me wrong, when things aren't the way she wants them she can throw a fit with the best of them, but she has dealt with a lot in her little life.

I guess between Hod and I, we refer to #1 as the Ornery One, and #2 as the Happy Camper.

It seems those days are changing.

#1 is finally starting to get over her orneryness.  #2 is just starting.  What is the culprit of #2's orneryness? Teething.  When #1 was teething it wasn't ever a big deal.  We'd give her some teething tablets, and she'd go to sleep, and life was good.  #2 can't handle it though.  We try teething tablets, we try Tylenol, we try everything.  And the poor girl can't get a break!  The only thing that relieves her is chewing on a cold bottle of water.  Currently that is the only way I can get her to sleep.  This is making for long nights.  A bottle of water only stays cold so long.  And then she moans and starts chewing on her hands, but then she bites too hard, so her life keeps being sad, and there is no hope in her world.

My sweet little girl is turning into a bit of a monster.  But I can't really blame her.

I mean, how can you be angry when she gives smiles like that?

 And This?
 And a little of this.


And just because I have two cute girls, and I can't leave #1 out.


These Girls rock my knee highs.

3 comments:

Leann Nelson said...

OH MY GOODNESS THEY ARE SO BIG!! Sure do love and miss you all!!

Miss Nelson said...

I can't believe how big they're getting! #1's hair is so long! Have you tried freezing teething rings? They would at least stay cold longer! Love you, and miss you!

Grandma Nelson said...

Sorry about the sleep problems, but really grateful for the great pictures. We would also like to see the parents occasionally. I know you are not changing like those fast growing girls, but we love to see you doing whatever you are doing in your lives. Love you all SO much.