Saturday, December 15, 2012

Molding Young Minds

#1 is growing. The top half of our Christmas tree is starting to look crowded as we keep having to raise the low ornaments.

She is also strong. Things are starting to get broken, and the bulk of my day is following her around watching what new items she can reach and destroy today and taking them from her.

She is also determined. Large objects that I can't take away (like the dishwasher) are her favorite toys. The other half of my day is spent trying to help her forget that these objects exist... I'm not very good at it.

These are all great qualities. I just need to figure out how to teach her to use them for good, instead of her current use of driving her mother insane. But man is she cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my baby was that young, I stuck the Christmas tree inside a playpen.

Leann Nelson said...

I sure miss those cute cheeks! Thanks for keeping us posted on what is going on in your world. Even if you feel like there isn't something great to share we still love hearing about it! Sure do love you guys!

Grandma Nelson said...

I'd like to see her with that Christmas tree and all the other things she is driving you crazy with.