Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Amazing Problem Solving Skills

Last weekend, Hod and I went on a trip down to my home state.  While driving on a major freeway, I noticed a strange occurrence. I imagine that the men who are part of the state construction company had a conversation that went something like this:

*Imagine a door slamming as Henry quickly enters the office to talk to his supervisor George*
H: George!  We have a Ma-Jor problem!
G: Oh No!  What's wrong Henry? (This may be said in a "Did little Timmy Fall down the well" voice.)
H: All of the warehouses are full!  There is NO room for all of the construction cones and barrels.  What do we do??
G: Oh, silly Henry.  That's an easy one.  You know that stretch of freeway between this place and this other city?
H: Yes, sir!  I am very aware of that area on a major freeway that lots and lots of cars, trucks, and semi's travel everyday.
G: See, this is what you do: Take all of the extra cones and barrels, add in those signs that say you are entering a construction zone and then *giggle* drop the speed limit.  It's a "construction" zone, so you should probably drop the speed limit by about 30 mph.  Ha! Ha!  That will be great.  Can you just see all of the commuters, slowing down, driving waiting for the construction zone to really show up, but in never will!  Little do they know we're just out of room.  We just need a space for our extra cones and barrels.
H: That is a brilliant idea! Wow, George.  This is why you're in charge.  So resourceful.  I'll go right out and do that.
*Scene ends as Henry runs from the office to go to George's evil bidding*

Seriously.  We went through multiple "construction" zones.  No men working, nothing different on the road, just cones, barrels, and a really slow speed limit.  But I get it.  If you're out of room, what can you do?

6 comments:

Leann Nelson said...

LOL! I miss you! That made my day!

Caryn Allen said...

You crack me up!!

Happy Mom said...

EXACTLY!!! I'm always amazed at how many "work zones" we drive through on the way to Utah, and we rarely see anyone working.

Aubrey's Outlet said...

I had the same sort of experience yesterday! I was driving down I15 and there were barrels lined up down the middle. But every now and then one would be sticking out really far making it necessary yo swerve. I think the road workers are just bored and need to fine something to fill their 40 hours!!!

Love you and this post!

Grandma Nelson said...

Do you think if you e-mailed that blog to lots of people we could get something done about it? Probably not, but surely it would at least make some people uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

and what about the boy riding his pedal bike on the free way as well?...